- Product Description
Mobilesteri Solar-Powered UV-C Steriliser Toothbrush Cap
• The anti-bacterial inside surface cleans your toothbrush even when there is no light to activate the UVC sterilisation.
• Plus covers your toothbrush in your toilet to prevent “flying” fecal matter, etc that sprays up every time you flush the toilet.
• Made in Korea
Useful info about UVC
The Travelmall ones use UVC wave length: 253.7nm, so it is relatively "safer" compared to other products that use longer wavelength (e.g. 270-280nm)
Germicidal wavelength aka UVC is 200-280nm. Shorter wavelength has more energy to break down the cells so are more dangerous but at the same time the shorter wavelength means they are more easily blocked. The current hype of Far UVC 200-220nm is a wavelength that cannot penetrate human skin.
Technically a few seconds of direct exposure is enough to deactivate the virus RNA (not kill). Which means even when they get into your body and attach to your cell, they are unable to unload their RNA into our cells to take over and replicate. Longer exposure will kill the virus and bacteria as more cell walls are broken down. Human skin cells are thicker hence require much longer exposure to break down the cell wall compared to simpler organisms like virus and bacteria.
Another point to note is UVC is outside of our human eye's visible spectrum so we cannot see it. The "blue" light we see are added for visual effect so that we know it is turned on. So it is safer to sterilise with the items out of sight in a box as you cannot tell whether the UVC is on or off.
What do you know?
Numerous studies have indicated that various fungal bacteria breed on a toothbrush after brushing. Studies showed that your toothbrush might have a hundred times more bacteria than the toilet. For this reason, your toothbrush needs sterilisation and it is important to have 24 hours continuous sterilisation, particular during this current crisis period.
Disinfect Your Toothbrush in a Few Easy Steps
The MobileSteri Solar-Powered UV-C Steriliser Toothbrush Cap product removes bacteria* from your toothbrush anywhere anytime without the need of charging anymore! There are 3 solar panels, which allow a better light reception to any light sources.
- No battery, no electricity is required
- No power plug
- 100% eco-friendly and powered by solar light, natural light or indoor light sources in your bathroom or living room
- Antibacterial, antiseptic - made from high quality antibacterial and antiseptic materials from Japan, where there is no sunlight or indoor light source at night, the antibacterial function can still function continuously
- Gas deodorisation (Acetic acid, methylene, ammonia, formaldehyde)
The steriliser uses a standing design with the opening at the bottom, which does not accumulate water and allows water to flow down smoothly and dry quickly.
The product has been tested to kill up to 99% of bacteria* (including Escherichia coli ATCC8739, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 15442 and Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538P). and the product does not have the need for batteries or electricity.
*Data provided by the Korea Conformity laboratories dated 30 March 2020. This Solar-Powered Steriliser has been tested to kill up to 99.9% bacteria (Escherichia coli ATCC8739, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 15442 and Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538P) in 24 hours.
- Size: 35 x 73mm
- Weight: 25 grams
- Country of Origin: Made in Korea
- Sterilising light: UV-C LED
- Power dissipation: 220mW Max
- Wavelength: 275nm
How to use
- The toothbrush is ideally put vertically and upside down in the rinsing glass. Rinse the brush thoroughly under clean water after every brushing. Do not skip this step; otherwise, food particles could remain on the brush head and lead to bacterial growth
- Before the first time of use the product, please peel off the transparent protective layer
- Cover the toothbrush with the Solar-Powered Toothbrush Steriliser as shown below. The toothbrush is ideally put vertically and upside down in the rinsing glass
- As long as there is natural light source in the bathroom or living room, the blue UVC-LED will turn on and sterilise automatically; Where there is no sunlight or indoor light source at night, the UV-C light will turn off, but the antibacterial function can still function continuously and the antibacterial substances comes out
- More info
Delivery Time No SKU 10800001BU Brand Mobilesteri Age No Country of Manufacture
- Read product reviews